With more expectant mothers than a Chiswick coffee shop and hundreds of babies, big and small, skilful pushchair handling was a must at The Baby Show last weekend. It was lucky that we were given a Maxi Cosi
Streety Plus to put through its paces, as it glided through the crowds and turned with ease.
I like Maxi Cosi – we have their car seat and base – but I hadn’t considered one of their pushchairs before. We’ve recently switched to a simple upright model with no frills, which is light and quick to pop up, and is slimmer than our original pushchair. But trying out The Streety Plus made us realise all the things we’ve sacrificed.
Of course there was so much to see and do that Scrip wasn’t content to stay sitting for long, but we did manage to coax her in for a longer period after lunch. Here’s what we thought were the pros and cons as we weaved our way around the stands (and had a fab time at The Baby Show).
- It really does glide and feels smooth and responsive.
- The chair is padded and so very comfy and cosy – I could imagine being happy to lay my tiny baby in there (and the seat reclines flat so you can use it for newborns).
- It’s been cleverly designed for quick folding away, once you know the knack, and it’s compact to store.
- Scrip liked being quite high up – she enjoyed surveying the scene from a new vantage point.
- There’s a lot of room underneath for baby bits and bobs or shopping.
- I like the design – it looks smart and of good quality.
The not so good
- It is larger than our current pushchair so takes up more space inside and when travelling – e.g. on buses.
- Taking it apart needs a bit of mastering – we were shown and promptly forgot.
All in all we were impressed. It’s been a while since we’d been pram shopping (we inherited our latest Mamas and Papas pushchair from a kind friend) but this one’s definitely worth new parents exploring. As is The Baby Show which we all thoroughly enjoyed – it even kept a fractious toddler entertained, and that’s good in my world.
What: The Maxi Cosi Streety Plus pushchair
How much: From around £160