I’m back to my pre-baby weight now (it’s taken 16 months this time around) and am wearing so many more of my old clothes. I’ve also had a few days away with my grown-up family on my own and I had a bit of time (and sleep) which helped me realise I’m feeling much more like myself. Although it’s definitely a new version of myself.
I guess it’s a normal part of adulthood but the new me says things the old me might shudder at. And she says them without irony.
Along with warning my children ‘It will all end in tears’ (and knowing I was right) last week, these are a few utterances that have come out of my lips recently..
- It’s a good drying day [seriously – when did the washing become the first thing I thought about as I opened the curtains?!]
- Oooh is it that time already [at 10pm]?
- Are there any more good boxsets on?
- Do you fancy a hot chocolate [not Horlicks quite yet]?
- I’ll just whizz the hoover around.
- Just a spritzer for me [and I actually mean it].