Like learning to walk and potty training, weaning is an all-consuming stage (no pun intended). I think we probably left it too late with Scrip, as she devoured her first baby rice in front of us in a matter of seconds at 5 and a half months, and possibly started too early with D who instantly spat the spoon out.
I remember doing buggy fit in Holland Park in London (those hazy days!) and some of the class would take about all-in-one weaning solutions and I would listen enviously. It felt like something that might make my weaning world – filled with mushy butternut squash, pureed parsnip and sieved carrot – a lot easier. But I never went beyond my basic weaning kit.
I still keep an eye out for weaning recipes (here’s my weaning Pinterest board which was great inspiration for me and which I still add to) and I have friends who are going through all the messy stages of it at the moment.
Tommee Tippee has joined up with child nutritionist, Charlotte Stirling-Reed, for #WeanTogether which is encouraging parents to come up with simple and delicious new fruit and veg recipes. I like the tongue-in-cheek tone, which gives weaning recipes a twist with hipster foodie titles, such as Deconstructed Autumn Fruit Crumble (aka pear and blueberries).
But the best thing is that, through Tommee Tippee, I’m offering the chance to win a brand new Steamer Blender (worth £106.99). Just use the Rafflecopter link below.
Basically, the Steamer Blender does all the work for you. This is why I wish I’d had one of these:
- It steams food to preserve nutrients and flavour
- It blends easily to a range of textures for every weaning stage
- There’s no transfer between steaming and blending
- There’s an automatic timer so you can just set, leave, then simply serve or store
- There are only a small number of parts for easy cleaning
- It’s BPA Free for ultimate reassurance
- It’s a Made for Mums GOLD Best Product for Weaning 2017
The Steamer Blender (RRP £106.99) is now available at Amazon, Mothercare and Toys R Us. For more information visit https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/baby-food-steamer-blender
- Entrants must be 18 or over and UK residents.
- The prize includes a Tommee Tippee Steamer Blender.
- Competition closes at 12.00am on 30th June 2017. Any entries submitted after this date will not be included.
- The winner will be selected randomly through a prize draw and announced on newmumblings.com and through email.
- There is no cash prize alternative.