It’s Christmas Eve-Eve and in between picking up toys, pine needles and toys covered in pine needles I’ve been trying to think about what 2017’s brought. Not just the big milestones like toddler potty training (tick) or first school project completed and in on time (tick) but the smaller parenting wins, which are just as satisfying. Here are my picks of 2017:
- We got through an entire year with a tub of Play Doh remaining unopened and so unmixed. Even better, it’s the white one.
- We can get through two hair washes weekly without any tears (most of the time).
- Both children can now get around on four wheels, one with a little bit of help from me but the end of the pushchair’s in sight.
- D is still a napper and there’s no sign of that wonderous hour or so being dropped.
- And he still loves his cot.
- My colour coordinated shelves are still in order.
- I’ve learnt how to cut curly hair courtesy of D.
- And I’ve stopped saving the curls, finally.
- I’ve managed to convince everyone that a trip to Ikea is actually something to relish.
- And we built our first snowman together. Complete with crab apple eyes.
Here’s to an even better, and more fruitful, 2018.