When my work, my home life and my blog collide, it’s a happy day. Helen is an incredibly talented new fabric designer who I’m delighted to have gracing my blog page and she’s also one of my best friends from home in Cornwall. With my PR and comms business I’ve just been helping with the launch which was held one balmy evening at The Makery in Bath this week.
When I stepped inside the room Helen was busy setting up it was the first time I’d seen her designs all spread out in one place, and they took my breath away. I love them because they are simple but beautifully crafted, use a pallet of complementary, soulful colours inspired by Cornwall and I could instantly imagine any of them in my own home.
As a mum of two boys and wife of a husband with a creative eye, Helen’s experienced in what works well for modern families. Here are a few more reasons to take a look at the ‘You can take the girl out of Cornwall’ range on Helen Baker.
- Everything’s gender-netural and stylishly family-friendly
- She only uses eco-inks and 100% cotton
- Designs are inspired by contemporary Cornwall – no more cliched anchors and fishing boats
- I love the fabric colour names – like mizzle, saffron and lobster
- Everything’s designed and made in the UK
- Her eye for detail is impeccable including using actual surfboard dimensions for the Surfboard Scallop print
- She’s a mumpreneur and works everything around family life
I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking 🙂