Judging by my Instagram feed, it looks like I’m not the only one seeing in the New Year with a glass of Shloer and a boxset. Last year I was pregnant and tired, this year I’m the parent of a baby and a pre-schooler and still tired!
Even if I don’t make it to the full 12 bongs of Big Ben, it’s been a pretty amazing year this year and we have a lot to be thankful for. There’s also been a lot of change and there’s a lot more to come. My top five moments from 2015? Probably these:
- The birth of baby D on 15th April. Simply amazing (if a little fast!) and Scrip becoming a fantastic big sister
- Our family holiday to France in August. Fun, family and more than a dash of good red wine
- Handing in my notice from my job this November. Liberating and terrifying in equal measure
- My husband getting a new job in Bristol after what seemed like endless interviews this December. The start of a new era
- Our first Christmas as a family of four. Truly magical
And what I’m most looking forward to in 2016?
- Moving into a proper house with a garden and bigger rooms for Scrip and baby D
- Scrip’s first day at her new nursery and then, *sniff*, new school next September
- Going it alone with work. Eek
- Family and friends visiting us when we move (please come soon!)
I hope you have a truly lovely night tonight and an even better 2016. Cheers.